Smoker plans

Started by Smokin Joe, February 07, 2005, 10:56:39 AM

Smokin Joe

anybody have any plans for a homemade smoker, or suggestions for one you might have seen somewhere I have an excellant welder (person) at my disposal so fabrication of any type is not really an issue. what kind are you using?....is one made from brick any better than a steel version other than being permanent. store bought better than homemade? Thanks for any direction on this.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

The best advice I can give you before you spend a lot of money and time is to do a web search for barbecue pits and smokers and see what is out there and the size you want.  Open a few lids and look inside if you can find a place that sells them.  Then based on the materials you have available build your own version of what you have seen.

Brick vs. metal.  One is just as good as the next.

A good smoker will be in the $1000 and up range. 
A Weber smokey moutain smoker will make you great BBQ for $200.  Been many a contest won with them. 
Not much help but no easy answer here.
Randy

sirthames

Hey Smokin Joe.  Here are some plans I found on a site on the smokering.  This maybe what you are looking for and I hear they are easy to follow.  I wish I could  do it but I don't have the equipment to do so.  Good luck.

http://www.compuvices.com/smoker.html

A D V E R T I S E M E N T