New members introduce yourselves here!

Started by Steve, February 10, 2005, 11:45:57 AM

Steve

If you're new to the forum, please introduce yourself here!  :)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

smokey

Hi all.  I really enjoy smoking ribs, pork butt and "chicken on a throne"

Regards,

Smokey

bulkfryer

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I smoke ribs,butts ,chicken almost everything. I even make a mean smoked tuna dip when I happen to catch one..

DKM

Good to have you.

Please post stories, recipes, and picture if you can.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

bigcitysmoker

Hello everyone. Bigcitysmoker here. From Phila., Pa Doing all that I can do. Ribs,chicken,shoulders. If anyone has been to the American Royal or plans to go...let me know. I will be going to bbq juding class in MD next week. I'm a KCBS member. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Thanks.

Steve

empire2360

Hello, from Empire in Odessa TX. I'm really happy to have found this site. I'm pretty much into Carolina style "Q". Pork is more foregiving at this stage of my BBQ game and I prefer it taste wise to beef anyhow. This makes me somewhat a BBQ outcast here in brisket country. I cooked a Boston butt for the 4th of July weekend. The little woman and I invited over a few of our closest brisket loving Texas friend's to partake in some pulled pork sandwiches with Carolina red sauce and cole slaw. Despite initial protests of the crowd as to the smell of the vinegar in the sauce as well as the consistency and the scattered chorus of"YA WANT ME TA DO WHAT WITH THE SLAW!" the end result was a hit. (Even if at first you'd have thought I asked them to divorce their spouse,burn the flag and renounce their faith in God)

DKM

You asked something far worse than what you listed ;D

Welcome to board and please post stories, recipes, and pictures (if you can).

We need more activity here!!

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

007bond-jb

BBQ pizza & beer!!!!!! good site a fun way to spend a day at the office

ckerr4

Ok I am a complete newbie who is just getting started.  All advice accepted at least once.  First and for most I need to know the best grill-smoker combo for less than $400.  Once again I want to thank all of you in advance :-[

Steve

What are you looking for? Gas? Electric? Wood? And, welcome to the forum!!

ckerr4

I am looking for a charcoal-wood smoker.  My mother wants to get me a house warming present.  Thank you for your quick response.

Randy

Bill/SFNM

I was referred to this site by Randy from the "pizzmaking.com" forum. I have been making BBQ for many years. These days I'm using a Klose BYC offset log burner which is right next to my wood-burning pizza oven. I enjoy smoking the traditional meats: butts, ribs, briskets, etc. but also get a big kick out of making things pastrami, lox, sausage, and experimenting with all kinds of new flavors.

These days I have been smoking a great deal of pork belly, not just for bacon. Yesterday I made "Smoked Cured and Marinated Pork Belly with a Hoisin-Maltose Glaze" which is adapted from a Barbara Tropp China Moon recipe for pork loin. The slices you see in the picture were eaten in sandwiches made with sesame/scallion flatbread. Yeah, it ain't BBQ, but it sure was good.

(https://www.pitcooking.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cordless.com%2Fimages%2FporkbellyA.jpg&hash=abb5da3dd83e330c2b685c0c3e28d725e7e32e9c)

Bill/SFNM

Randy

Bill we are few but another wood burner is always welcome.

Tasty picture.

Randy