Main Menu

Chuck Roast

Started by DKM, March 19, 2005, 02:01:36 PM

DKM

If the weather holds I hope to being doing a chuck roast on Sunday.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

How do you do a chuck roast DKM, that is a new one on me.

Randy

DKM

I put kosher salt, black pepper, and a little dried mustard on the meat, heat the pit up to about 225 with oak or hickery, cook the meat in for about the same amount of time as if I was doing a pot roast, let the temp get to at least 190 and pull it from the pit let it rest about 30 minutes.

Chop/pull it put and serve in fresh corn tortillas with choice of toppings. You'll never eat a fast food taco again.

DKM

DKM

I've got another chuck roast going now.  I'm trying a Randy pork shoulder way of doing it.  I simply used mustered, salt (kosher), and fresh cracked black pepper.

DKM

DKM

This didn't last long

DKM

On a sandwich or in a taco, that's good stuff.

Randy

I bought me one to give a chuck roast a try DKM.  Yours sure look good.
No Marinade or basting sauce?

Randy

DKM

Not really.  Now the pork shoulder was above it in the smoker so it did drip down on it.

DKM

DKM

Quote from: Randy on March 27, 2005, 11:46:00 AM
I bought me one to give a chuck roast a try DKM. 

You ever have a chance to try it?

DKM

Randy

Had to put it in the freezer because of the rain.  Next time the smoker fires up I will put it on.

Randy

Randy

Going on in the morning DKM, along with 2 butts and a picnic.  40% chance of rain but 60% chance it won't. ;D
Randy

Randy

I did like you said and put it a rack below the butts.  You are right this want last long.  Tasted like brisket somewhat.  I thin sliced some for sandwiches and chopped the rest for barbecue sandwiches.  I will do a chuck again for sure.  You Texas boys know your beef.

Randy

DKM

Yes, sir we do  ;D

I'm doing Italian sausage and chick parts today.  Look for posts later today or tomorrow.

DKM