Author Topic: Chuck Roast  (Read 6879 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Chuck Roast
« on: March 19, 2005, 02:01:36 PM »
If the weather holds I hope to being doing a chuck roast on Sunday.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.




Offline Randy

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 212
  • Barbecue is BBQ anyway you spell it.
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:06:30 PM »
How do you do a chuck roast DKM, that is a new one on me.

Randy

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 07:53:14 PM »
I put kosher salt, black pepper, and a little dried mustard on the meat, heat the pit up to about 225 with oak or hickery, cook the meat in for about the same amount of time as if I was doing a pot roast, let the temp get to at least 190 and pull it from the pit let it rest about 30 minutes.

Chop/pull it put and serve in fresh corn tortillas with choice of toppings. You'll never eat a fast food taco again.

DKM
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 12:16:41 PM by DKM »
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 12:44:18 PM »
I've got another chuck roast going now.  I'm trying a Randy pork shoulder way of doing it.  I simply used mustered, salt (kosher), and fresh cracked black pepper.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 12:13:46 PM »
This didn't last long
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:14:59 PM »
On a sandwich or in a taco, that's good stuff.
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.




Offline Randy

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 212
  • Barbecue is BBQ anyway you spell it.
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
I bought me one to give a chuck roast a try DKM.  Yours sure look good.
No Marinade or basting sauce?

Randy

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 02:04:12 PM »
Not really.  Now the pork shoulder was above it in the smoker so it did drip down on it.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 01:29:57 PM »
I bought me one to give a chuck roast a try DKM. 

You ever have a chance to try it?

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Offline Randy

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 212
  • Barbecue is BBQ anyway you spell it.
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 02:01:53 PM »
Had to put it in the freezer because of the rain.  Next time the smoker fires up I will put it on.

Randy

Offline Randy

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 212
  • Barbecue is BBQ anyway you spell it.
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 09:24:50 AM »
Going on in the morning DKM, along with 2 butts and a picnic.  40% chance of rain but 60% chance it won't. ;D
Randy

Offline Randy

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 212
  • Barbecue is BBQ anyway you spell it.
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 06:16:14 PM »
I did like you said and put it a rack below the butts.  You are right this want last long.  Tasted like brisket somewhat.  I thin sliced some for sandwiches and chopped the rest for barbecue sandwiches.  I will do a chuck again for sure.  You Texas boys know your beef.

Randy




Offline DKM

  • Sir
  • Registered User
  • Posts: 152
  • It's Texas style
Re: Chuck Roast
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 05:12:41 PM »
Yes, sir we do  ;D

I'm doing Italian sausage and chick parts today.  Look for posts later today or tomorrow.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.