Author Topic: EASY baby back ribs  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • Eastern NC Style!
EASY baby back ribs
« on: July 12, 2006, 12:07:19 PM »
A friend turned me on to this QUICK and EASY baby back rib recipe. While it doesn't involve smoking, I'm posting it here because it's quick and easy for those times you can't fire up your smoker. Moist, tender, and fall-off-the-bone, they're amazingly delicious!!

Ingredients
------------------------------
Slab(s) of pork baby back ribs
1 bottle apple juice
1 bottle favorite finishing sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is recommended)

Put ribs in a shallow baking pan, fill half full with apple juice, cover with foil, bake at 250 degrees F. for 2 1/2 hours. Remove ribs and lightly grill on both sides to crisp them up a tad. Slather on the sauce and continue grilling until the sauce thickens and glazes (do not burn!!)

Simply amazing!!

Offline bbqtacular

• I love BBQ!
Re: EASY baby back ribs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 08:44:23 AM »
I posted this on another site as well (one you know of steve  :) ), but for anyone who reads this and not other sites...I did the recipe.....and yes, it is VERY easy and very good.

I'm going to play with trying something else besides apple juice next time, but these were great; everyone loved them.

For Sause I used Stubbs (regular) and a nice amount of brown sugar........

Will definately do this again..... ;D

Offline Brewer

• It's done when it's done.
Re: EASY baby back ribs
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 02:33:40 AM »
I wanted to try a few things out of the ordinary that I hardly ever do.  I rarely make baby back ribs.  I really prefer spare ribs cooked super low and slow.  I read that back ribs can be cooked hot and still be tender.  I wanted to see if this was true.  I also never sauce my BBQ, but I was craving some sweet and sticky ribs.  I did these on a Green Egg with cherry wood splits burned down to a nice bed of coals.  I used a commercial rub from Mississippi created by the Rebel Butcher Company (I rarely use anything but my own freshly ground homemade rubs).  It was a overnight dry rub marinade.  The cook was about 2 hours and 15 minutes at 300 deg F indirect heat using a place setter.  I did not mop or spritz them.  With the higher heat there was no need to.  The fat rendering at a high heat basted the ribs on their own.  I sauced them with a St. Louis style BBQ sauce during the last 10 minutes of the cook.  There was a gale off Lake Superior last night.  Screaming winds and bitter cold.  This was a perfect project for the conditions.  Super easy baby back ribs.  They were near fall off the bone.  I have a feeling when it gets 30 below zero here this winter I will do this again and again.  They turned out awesome!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:05:44 PM by Brewer »