Grilled chicken

Started by TXCraig1, May 16, 2017, 09:05:26 AM

TXCraig1

I make a marinade that is kind of like Italian dressing, but I like to use way more vinegar. Roughly equal parts vinegar and oil + S&P, garlic and onion powder, oregano, and some MSG. Slowly grilled for about an hour over medium-low heat (covered with a big piece of foil) makes it just a moist as can be.
Perhaps you and Larry will join us for the consumption of mass quantities this weekend. We will ignite our new flame pit and char some mammal flesh for you.
- Prymatt Conehead

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy1

Really nice setup Grilled chicken.  Doggone good eating. 

This link has some good information for those looking to improve their chicken skills.. 

www.poultry.msstate.edu/pdf/extension/bbq_ms_broilers.pdf

Bill/SFNM

Very, very nice! How long do you marinate? My wife does something similar, but uses fresh onion and garlic and liquefies it up in the blender.   

Randy1

Nothing better too than grilled chicken in Brunswick stew.

TXCraig1

Quote from: Bill/SFNM on May 16, 2017, 03:47:22 PM
Very, very nice! How long do you marinate? My wife does something similar, but uses fresh onion and garlic and liquefies it up in the blender.

Generally 8 hours to overnight.
Perhaps you and Larry will join us for the consumption of mass quantities this weekend. We will ignite our new flame pit and char some mammal flesh for you.
- Prymatt Conehead

Jackie Tran

I like the idea of slow grilling it with foil over it.   I usually just hot smoke my chicken but I'll definitely give this technique a try.  It should crisp up the skin nicely. 

Randy1

Back when I was boy in the 60s, just about everyone that grilled chicken used a barbecue sauce heavy with butter.  That much butter gave the chicken a kind of dark crust that was delicious.  I do not remember anyone marinating chicken like we do today.   

TXCraig1

Did the same thing on a church mission trip this week. Didn't hear any complaints  ;D
- Prymatt Conehead

Steve

Randy1

Quote from: TXCraig1 on June 11, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
Did the same thing on a church mission trip this week. Didn't hear any complaints  ;D

I marinate too. 
Good grilled chicken is pure good eating.
Nothing better in Brunswick stew than grilled chicken.