member recruitment ???

Started by JameZ, April 26, 2004, 08:01:37 PM

JameZ

I don't know if the active members even want to do some member recruitment or not. But I just think it would be a more awesome group if we had more active members participating in discussion. I don't by any means want some over exposed Yahoo group full of SPAM. But I do think we need to play an active role in finding new members so this group can smoke on for a very long time!

What does everyone think...Steve ?...Randy ?....DKM ?...foccaciaman ?????
Anyone...Anyone ???

Keep on Smokin' BoyZ

JameZ

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

Interesting point Jame but sometimes recruiting can bring in a bad element as you said. The pizza list started slow and still has a lot of room to grow but the people who have joined have a passion for making the best pizza at home.  I've thought about going to my old barbecue mailing list and mention the new forum but I left because of the flame wars and thought that element might follow.
Good people will find the list given time, the kind of people that have the passion for barbecue.
That does not mean good people shouldn't be invited to join just not so sure it would be a good idea to hit the list with a mass invitation.

Just my thoughts.

Randy

JameZ

I agree....just like a good long smoke...the longer you wait, the better it is.
Patience...I agree with you Randy. It's better to have really dedicated members, than to just have members.

Smoke it & they will come...

JameZ

A D V E R T I S E M E N T