Author Topic: New Member / Introduction  (Read 3319 times)

Navin Johnson

New Member / Introduction
« on: May 03, 2004, 12:23:44 PM »
Hello, I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologize.  I've come over from the Pizza group, although I don't believe I'm registered (yet) there, I do read it just about daily and enjoy it a great deal.

I'm happy to see a barbecue forum like this.  I've been into bbq as much as I could living in an apartment.  I have a knock off weber kettle that I use to grill and to bbq (esp. butt and ribs).  I'll soon be closing on our first house which has a permanent nat gas grill I'll use for daily grilling, the kettle for weekend grill/bbq, I'm being gifted a used Little Chief smoker for the cooler smoking tasks, and I'm looking to get a weber smokey mountain smoker to more properly do up ribs and butt, etc.  Should be a good summer for cooking outside!

Well, I'll try my best to post more often to this and to the pizza group.  I'm a bit busy though with 2 boys under 3 yrs, full time job and re-starting (this time part-time) the Ph.D. in medieval history I had left uncompleted at Northwestern after boy #1 was born (I did finish the MA before I left).  Oh yeah, I'm 27, married for 6 years, and now live in Lansing, MI and work at/will attend Michigan State University.

--Eric (handle: Navin Johnson)

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • Eastern NC Style!
Re: New Member / Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 01:13:35 PM »
Welcome, Navin! There's nothing like pizza and barbecue!!

Offline Randy

• Barbecue is BBQ anyway you spell it.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 01:35:55 PM »
Welcome Navin.  Medieval history major, uhmm now that is interesting.  Wonder what they did for barbecue sauce?
Our group is small but should grow in time.

Randy

JameZ

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 07:57:58 PM »
WELCOME.....WELCOME.....WELCOME
A BIG WELCOME...any lover of Smokin BBQ is an asset to this small but dedicated group. I hope we hear alot from you. We all lead busy lives. But this is a great group of guys to talk about your Smokin' BBQ triumphs & disasters!!!
A great place to get recipes & ideas & share yours.

Again...WELCOME

Keep on Smokin' BoyZ

JameZ

Foccaciaman

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 01:19:51 AM »
Hello and welcome:

Medieval history Huh? you would surely get a kick out of my surroundings, swords, replicas of castles, chalices.

Used to own company with Jamez called Excalibur.

Bingo >:D

Navin Johnson

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 10:02:35 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone.  Not sure about bbq sauce in the middle ages, although culinary history is an area of interest (although not an area I actually work in or even know much about!).   I better get back to work for now.

Eric

Pizzacko

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 05:11:39 PM »
Whoa, a PhD. Good luck with that. I'm still in school, get into University next year. I'm going toward a PhD as well, in architecture. I might as well start calling you Dr. Johnson right now.