New Member / Introduction

Started by Navin Johnson, May 03, 2004, 12:23:44 PM

Navin Johnson

Hello, I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologize.  I've come over from the Pizza group, although I don't believe I'm registered (yet) there, I do read it just about daily and enjoy it a great deal.

I'm happy to see a barbecue forum like this.  I've been into bbq as much as I could living in an apartment.  I have a knock off weber kettle that I use to grill and to bbq (esp. butt and ribs).  I'll soon be closing on our first house which has a permanent nat gas grill I'll use for daily grilling, the kettle for weekend grill/bbq, I'm being gifted a used Little Chief smoker for the cooler smoking tasks, and I'm looking to get a weber smokey mountain smoker to more properly do up ribs and butt, etc.  Should be a good summer for cooking outside!

Well, I'll try my best to post more often to this and to the pizza group.  I'm a bit busy though with 2 boys under 3 yrs, full time job and re-starting (this time part-time) the Ph.D. in medieval history I had left uncompleted at Northwestern after boy #1 was born (I did finish the MA before I left).  Oh yeah, I'm 27, married for 6 years, and now live in Lansing, MI and work at/will attend Michigan State University.

--Eric (handle: Navin Johnson)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Steve

Welcome, Navin! There's nothing like pizza and barbecue!!

Randy

Welcome Navin.  Medieval history major, uhmm now that is interesting.  Wonder what they did for barbecue sauce?
Our group is small but should grow in time.

Randy

JameZ

WELCOME.....WELCOME.....WELCOME
A BIG WELCOME...any lover of Smokin BBQ is an asset to this small but dedicated group. I hope we hear alot from you. We all lead busy lives. But this is a great group of guys to talk about your Smokin' BBQ triumphs & disasters!!!
A great place to get recipes & ideas & share yours.

Again...WELCOME

Keep on Smokin' BoyZ

JameZ

Foccaciaman

Hello and welcome:

Medieval history Huh? you would surely get a kick out of my surroundings, swords, replicas of castles, chalices.

Used to own company with Jamez called Excalibur.

Bingo >:D

Navin Johnson

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  Not sure about bbq sauce in the middle ages, although culinary history is an area of interest (although not an area I actually work in or even know much about!).   I better get back to work for now.

Eric

Pizzacko

Whoa, a PhD. Good luck with that. I'm still in school, get into University next year. I'm going toward a PhD as well, in architecture. I might as well start calling you Dr. Johnson right now.