Ham

Started by Randy, May 05, 2004, 05:12:37 PM

Randy

One of the best, easiest and above all best tasting hams you can make is a Smithfield smoked ham from WalMart or other stores.  Just run your temperature up to 325F on your smoker and follow the cooking times on the instructions.  Use Hickory and apple wood for a wonderful flavor.

Randy

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

I had planed on painting the new doors and panels today but the Ham called me.  I use aluminum foil to prevent drying.
Randy

Randy

The results were excellent.  We put it in the cooler last night so we can shave the rest for sandwiches.

Randy

JameZ

Looks AWESOME!!!!!
Your makin' my mouth water!!! Haven't had Ham since Easter & man do I crave it NOW!!!  Thanks Randy :)

Keep on Smokin'

JameZ

Randy

Thanks JameZ, ribs are next weekend.

Randy

stokker

Randy
Just a quick question
I thought that hams are already cured, ie, smoked.
I tried to smoke a ham once with a rub and it turned out quite salty. I asked an expert(IMHO,mybrowhoisachef) what I did wrong and he said that I essentially had a twice cured meat.
Any thoughts???
Stokker

Randy

Yes that would be correct.  A salt cured country ham would be way to salty to smoke.
Try a regular smoked ham from your grocery store but do not add any seasoning.  The smoke flavor you add while cooking will really make it tasty.
Try a Smithfield from WalMart.  Besure to tent it to keep it from drying out.
See the picture above.

Hope this helps.

Randy