Weber Baby Q

Started by Steve, May 17, 2004, 08:11:11 AM

Steve

Slightly off topic.

Anyone like the new Weber Baby Q portable gas grill?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

A real nice looking grill and would be nice for an apartment I would think.  I checked the specs and it will cook 1 1/2 hours on the small propane canister.

I used a gas grill for a long time but switched back to charcoal several years ago and never went back to gas.  I keep both kinds of charcoal on hand.  The briquettes for normal cooking and the real hardwood charcoal for steaks and when I am in a hurry.  Real charcoal using a chimney is ready in 10 minutes and is very hot.

Randy

Steve

The reason I'm interested in this grill is mainly for camping trips and doing picnic lunches while boating. I have the Weber Go-Anywhere portable grill, but it's horrible (well, it's better than nothing I guess).

My latest Consumer Reports magazine rates the Weber Q higher than most "permanent" grills... including my Weber Genesis 1000!!  :o

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get one.  8)

Randy

Looks like it would be perfect for that.

Foccaciaman

Wow, I actually really like that one, very very portable. And thanks to Randy I don't have to ask the length of time per cannister.

What is the $$ on that toy anyway.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I finally got my electric smoker ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bingo >:D

Steve

My local hardware store carries the Baby Q for $125.

Weber also makes a slightly larger version, the "Weber Q", for something like $189. But, it looks too large for picnics and such.

Consumer Reports rated the Weber Q at the very top in the small grills section... excellent in the "Evenness" and "Grilling" categories, and very good in the "Convenience" category.

JameZ

So...what kind of smoker did you get Foccaciaman?
Smoke anything yet? How did it turn out? Pics???

Keep on Smokin'

JameZ

Foccaciaman

I broke down in frustration, went to Home Depot and got the clone to yours.

Smoked a Mesquite Pork Loin 4.5 hours, delicious.
Got another Loin I have to get rid of first before the first butt. Gonna do the next one over Apple chips

Bingo >:D

Steve

Just a follow up to my original post.

I ended up getting this little grill last May and it's been a dream. I've used it on a breezy beach and on several campouts. It heats up quickly and cooks evenly... even with a good breeze blowing.

My only complaint: the propane hanger bracket is small and is designed for those tall/narrow propane bottles. If you want to use the short/wide bottles you'll have to remove the bracket.

I give this little grill 5 stars!

Smokin Joe

My wife got me one for my birthday and I'm looking fwd to trying it out, other than the bottle bracket thing, is either size bottle more convient to use than the other?

damon

Its a great little grill, I'm on my second one (first one was stolen right off my porch)

The little 14oz  tanks are expensive if you get the bernzomatic brand but I found that Ace Hardware makes their own brand that are much cheaper.

Steve

I took the support bracket off mine and run the short (fat) propane bottles on it. Works fine.