Supplies purchased

Started by DKM, July 01, 2004, 10:52:22 AM

DKM

Well I purchased the supplies and as soon as it dries out I have sausage, brisket, turkey drumsticks, and beef ribs to to smoke.  It'll be a great day  :)

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

10#'s chicken for the grill Sat and around 40#s of buttts for Sunday.
Be busy like you DKM.  Lots of people coming.
Randy

DKM

Your having people over?

I'm just cooking.  Getting ready to make the rub now.

Rub the meat tomorrow night, start the Sunday before church and load the pit, have the turkey and ribs for lunch and load the sausage and have the brisket and sausage for the fire works.

DKM

Might share some with some of my nieghbors.

Randy

Still not real happy with my smoker although it held the temperature well.  The problem with a brick pit is that it doesn't bleed off heat very well requiring a smaller fire than a steel pit.  A smaller fire is more difficult to get a clean burn as you know.  A critical factor is the height of the wood over the glowing coals.  I raised the height this burn and was not pleased.  Between two and three inches worst best seems like.

Randy

DKM

Probelm with mine is I have to check it every couple of hours, no exceptions.  Although the fire box is a good size its still not big enough to "set it and forget it." If the coals get to low then I have to pump in enough fuel it get it going again and I can end up with a 50-60 degree temp swing in a short amount of time.

Speaking of which, need to go check it.

DKM

Randy

I filled the bottom of mine with charcoal and will have chicken tonight.

Randy

DKM

Well I'm done for the day (only 10 hrs) maybe i can upload the 3 picture I remembered to take.

DKM

Randy

Hot and muggy here and the fire is out until next week.

DKM

Hot and muggy here also, but at least it wasn't raining.

DKM