Barbecue this weekend

Started by Randy, July 30, 2004, 10:42:39 AM

Randy

If the weather holds, the new pit will get its first serious test.
Anybody else barbecuing?
Randy

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

bob

I am gonna try Sun but with afternoon storms it is difficult.  I plan on doing a 5lb boston butt, 2 racks of ribs, cornish hens and baked beans.  This is rather optimistic for my rather small binkman smoker but what the hell.

I have some friends visiting mid next week and if we catch a bunch of fish I may smoke them as well later

DKM

Hope to do spare ribs on Sunday.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Randy

Welcome to pit cooking Bob.
Randy

DKM

Alright, got a turkey breast and two racks of spare ribs for tomorrow.  Making the brine for the turkey now.

DKM

Randy

I'm preparing the ribs and butts for in the morning.  I got my kindling up just in case it rains today.  I will use hickory and oak and pecan.

Randy

bob

Thanks for the welcome Randy.

I was on the other board for quite a while with several posts before it was dropped due to lack of interest.  It seems that this is a small but active group here.  I would like to see more recipe and smoking tips shared, probably should repeat my turkey breast and my baked beans posts.

Gotta bunch of bad weather here at coastal NC and it looks like it will be getting worse.  I did not do the BBQ that I planned- shrimp, clams and fish are now on the menu.  I have learned that you have to be flexible when it comes to outdoor cooking!

Bob

Randy

Bob the same weather head your way is making it awful muggy here in GA, but the rain is holding off.  I took my ribs off after 5 hours and expect to take the butts off between 6 & 7 after 11 hours.  We will chop up 6 or 7 pounds of pork barbecue and freeze it in one pound packages for later use.  I figure about 60% loss from the orginal 16 pounds of pork butt.
I will be glad to help you anyway I can.

Randy

DKM

I also want to extend a welcome Bob, don't know where my mannors have gone.

I did two sets of Spare Ribs yesterday for 4 hours, quite nice and tasty and a turkey breast also around 4 hours ribs were great, but the turkey could have gone longer with more smoke.  Still good though.

DKM