What's on the menu ?

Started by canadianbacon, September 20, 2004, 04:11:43 PM

canadianbacon

Hi Guys, what's on the menu for this coming weekend ?

Just thought I'd ask.  geez not activity on this forum for over a week, come on guys let's chat  ;D

I haven't done any ribs on my Weber Smokey Mountain for over a month now, gotta get to doing it.  For me it's getting $60 together for ribs each time I smoke, it hurts buying ribs up here - just too expensive  :(

anyway bye for now.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Randy

Have you tried spare ribs? They are a much better value and have the best flavor over loin backs and baby backs.
Pork prices continue to rise chasing after beef prices.  People have blamed the Atkins diet but I think the mad cow problem may have more effect.

Randy

DKM

I use spare when I do pork ribs, and have really enjoyed them.  I have pizza on the Calender for this weekend, but might some a chuck roast and ribs.

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Randy

I looked in the freezer and have only 1/2 slab left, but still have a few pounds of chopped barbecue left.  That will give me enough time to make a few chnges on the pit for a new test.

Randy

DKM

What changes are you planing?

DKM
Just how many boards can I be on anyways.

Randy

I will replace the steel vertical section with the brick again and add a new ΒΌ plate door.  The exhaust will be located below the grate level in the vertical section and the exhaust in the horizontal section will go just below the grate as well.  The reason is to cut down on the airflow across the meat and increase the depth of smoke flavor.  The draft through the smoker may be low due to the restrictions. 

I hope to try it in the next two weeks.

Randy

A D V E R T I S E M E N T